Town of Clarendon
See Supervisor or Town Board Page for Meeting Agenda.
Email Historical Society at
Click here for the next Historical Society Program
Clarendon Historical Society on the web: www.cemeteryathillside.com
or on facebook : Clarendon New York Historical Group
All Town Hall Offices will be closed Sept. 7th for Labor Day
All Town Hall Offices will be closed Sept. 10th for Primary Election
Court Office will be closed the week of Sept. 28th - Oct. 2nd for training.
According to David Copeland's "History of Clarendon", the story goes like this: In the year 1810, Brother Issac Farwell was living on old Ridge Road, near Farnsworth Corners. Issac's horse strayed off, so Eldredge went to look for it, following its footprints along the borders of Sandy Creek to the waterfall in present-day Clarendon (we now have a park at the base of these falls). Eldredge recognized that waterfalls were a source of energy, and as such, precious for business purposes. One can imagine his excitement as he told his family of his plans." Excerpted from "Images of Clarendon Past"
The Town of Clarendon is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination write to: USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Stop 9410 Washington, DC 20250-9410. Or call toll-free at 866-632-9992 (English) or 800-877-8339 (TDD) or 866-377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or 800-845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).